Health & Safety
“It shall be the duty of every employer to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees.” Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
At Sky Blue Safety, we don’t just understand recruitment, we also have a lot of experience in advising businesses on health and safety. It can feel like a massive thing to manage if you don’t give it the right focus, so below we’ve offered some advice to help you ensure you’re doing the right thing.
Firstly, it’s important to understand that health and safety comes down to what is reasonably practicable. This means your business will need to determine what is ‘so far as is reasonably practicable’ in terms of what it needs to do. This is where having an expert to speak to, whether that’s an in-house resource or a third party consultant, can really help.
To properly protect work forces, health and safety must be something that is proactively driven through every organisation. It’s not just a box to tick, policies must be adhered to if you want to ensure your staff are effectively looked after. If you feel there is any room for improvement with your company’s health and safety, please do speak to us and we can offer guidance on many different options of how you can get the help you need.
Areas you may feel you need help with could be:
- Reviewing policies and procedures
- Reviewing, implementing and monitoring your existing policies and procedures, alongside providing advice and guidance where needed
- Reviewing your existing risk assessments, seeing if additional controls may need to be considered, and that monitor controls are actively being followed
- Reviewing accident investigations
- CDM inspections
- Workplace inspections
- Advice and support for RIDDOR reporting
- Advice and coaching for your management team
- Aiding with compliance of section 7 of The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, appointment of competent person
- Understanding and following the Plan, Do, Check, Act model
How confident do you feel in the items above? If you have any doubts at all, please call us on 01933 812234 or use our call back service and we will call you.